J B Cole UK (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with our Terms of Website Use) explains when and why we collect personal information about the people who visit our website, how we use it, when we might share it with others and how we keep it secure. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and any subsequent data protection legislation, together known as “the data protection legislation”, the Data Controller is: J B Cole UK, Parsonage Chambers, 3 Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2HW. If you require any further information about this Policy, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or email: email@example.com
- Personal information that we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- Information we receive from other sources
- How long we keep your personal information
- Reasons we share your personal information
- Where we store your personal data
- Your rights
- Access to information
- How to delete cookies
Personal information that we might collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website https://jbcole.co.uk/ or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for information regarding our products or services, register your interest in receiving information from us, or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number, and your company’s name and address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, marketing automation software providers) and may receive information about you from them such as your name, email address and phone number.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways on the basis of your consent or under the basis of legitimate interests.
Information you give to us through this website. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Information we collect about you using analytical software. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to contact you. Should you wish to stop receiving our communications at any time, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Reasons we share your personal information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If J B Cole UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of J B Cole UK, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored in a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and can unsubscribe at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You also have a right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate information about you, erase personal data or restrict the processing of your data.
If you do not wish us to process your data, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post (Parsonage Chambers, 3 Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2HW)
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. You can exercise this right by contacting us (email – email@example.com and by post: Parsonage Chambers, 3 Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2HW)
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see the pages they view. This helps us to improve how our website works and to ensure that users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’ve logged in and any preferences you’ve set so that we can tailor our website to you.
Cookies may also be placed on your device by third parties providing a service for J B Cole UK.
The length of time that a cookie stays on your device depends on whether it is a persistent or a session cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until they expire or are deleted, whilst session cookies only stay on your device whilst you are browsing.
How to delete cookies
If you consent to having cookies placed on your device, but later change your mind, you can delete them by activating the setting on your browser that enables you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, by doing this, you may not be able to access all or part of our site.